Wednesday, July 13, 2016

project:retro side tables

Hi everyone! So happy to be back blogging. I didn't mean to take a break… it sort of just happened! We had an amazing weekend hanging out together and seeing some family. We also went out to eat at our favorite restaurant, did some thrifting (our favorite), and saw The Secret Life of Pets (adorable)! And now the week is half over! Yikes!


Anyways, one of my favorite things to do in the evening (besides bake) is work on little projects. About a month ago I picked these awesome, blonde, retro side tables up at a garage sale. For free, might I add. I thought they were so fun and I knew I would think of something to do with them, eventually.



Well, it's taken me a bit, but I finally finished up! The tables are a far cry from my original "vision," but that's how it goes, right?




Most of the bedrooms in our house have a "sitting room" followed by a back bedroom and closet. The guest room downstairs is no exception. We have had this chair sitting down in the sitting room area for quite some time. After I finished up the tables, I realized it only made sense to have a little reading/sitting area in the guest room as well! 

{Side note: I desperately want to get new carpet in all of our bedrooms. This lovely navy carpet just doesn't exactly do it for me. But in the meantime, I picked a color scheme that works with the navy. You do what you gotta do ;) }


And so it was born. I'm super pleased with how it turned out!


For those of you who enjoy projects, I cannot say enough good things about General Finishes milk paint! It is the easiest way to repurpose furniture. You seriously cannot mess it up! There is no prepping required. Most of the time I wipe the furniture off and just start painting!

If you are already a GF Milk Paint lover, and curious, I used Antique White + Patina Green to create that nifty shade!

Thanks for stopping by!







12 comments:

  1. This is adorable,and you did an awesome job! I swear me and you were meant to be best friends, we just live half across the county from each other! haha I love doing projects too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ha I always think that, too!! I always love reading your posts : )

      Delete
  2. Oh girl, these look amazing! I LOVE that color so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay!! I was so excited that I got the exact color I envisioned.. you never know when you are mixing paint :)

      Delete
  3. Omgoodness...we ALL had tables like those back in the day. In fact, I have a similar one in the garage. Love what you did with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did an amazing job! That color is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did awesome!!! I can't believe how well they turned out! You've got a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! It's that milk paint, I'm telling you! :)
      Xoxo

      Delete
  6. Super cute idea! Love the bright color too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this area! And thanks for the milk paint tip. I currently use Annie Sloan, but am always up for trying new products. I would love to see more posts about your house. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete