Sunday, June 2, 2013

Happy Heart

I am writing this post through tired eyes... but I am smiling.
This weekend I decided to go visit an old friend in Iowa. It seemed a little ridiculous that we hadn't seen each other in SIX YEARS, and given that she is only about 4 hours away, I decided it was time.

To put this in to perspective, we met at church camp as Jr. High girls. We kept in touch with LETTERS for years. Yes, folks, LETTERS. The letters transitioned to emails, and, eventually we kept in touch through Facebook. Anyways, Emily holds a special place in my heart as she is so wonderful and dear to me.

There is something extremely comforting and wonderful about spending time with an old friend. We laughed, shopped, ate, discussed make up tips and tricks, shopped some more, LAUGHED some more, (ate some more), and just had a fantastic time.

Luckily, Emily shares my love for products and make up so we spent a lot of time "being girls."

I am so thankful for this weekend and that I was able to spend time with this wonderful person!

*UPDATE*
Emily let me borrow her SUAVE dry shampoo, and so it is necessary that I make an update to the Dry Shampoo post. Ok... this stuff is $2.50. And AMAZING. It smells SO good. I couldn't get enough. I typically don't promote drugstore  brands for haircare, but I can't tell a difference between this and a salon Dry Shampoo. I hate to say it, but this may be even better than the cornstarch alternative. We of course RAN to Target so I could purchase my own bottle.
I HIGHLY suggest this. 

Stay tuned for some of my other makeup discoveries from this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment