Monday, June 17, 2013

Things I Should Have Mentioned Before Now...

It is a serious offense to the makeup world that I haven't talked about my love for the Bare Escentuals mineral makeup line. Serious. 

In 2008 I was visiting my aunt in Phoenix. We were doing some light shopping in Scottsdale and I wandered into Sephora. At the time, Lincoln didn't even have a Sephora (I know! Can you imagine?) Anyways, I had heard of the Bare Minerals line but I never actually used it. I purchased the starter kit box. Long story short, I have never looked back (in terms of makeup choices, of course). 

Bare Minerals is HANDS DOWN the best foundation/concealer/face makeup I have ever come across. I literally haven't changed from this product in 5 years. I have tried other foundations, even liquid foundations, and I am simply unimpressed. Bare Minerals has the amazing ability to conceal and protect your skin. It is smooth and natural looking and I "feel" like I do not have makeup on. I could go on and on and on...but the point is... it is my absolute favorite. 

While visiting Emily in Iowa City, we decided we should get our skin matched at Bare Minerals in case we were wearing the wrong shade. Emily (already a Bare Minerals user, obviously!) had previously mentioned that she had switched to the compact foundation and had purchased this amazing new precision brush to accompany it. I was a tad bit hesitant about the compact foundation. My mind reverted to the Cover Girl compact that I carried in my purse in high school, and visions of orangey powder rubbing off on all of my clothes began to surface. Gross. 

Anyways, while we were in Bare Minerals, I had them rematch my colors with the compact version of Bare Minerals.....
And they used this brush to apply it...
And... big surprise.. I loved it. This brush is AMAZING. It is so soft and it works fabulously with the compact. The compact formula is almost exactly like the regular loose foundations, except it supposedly lasts longer. I am not sure how much longer it lasts (it claims 12 hours) but I can vouch for the fact that when I have this makeup on and my face gets wet, or I am sweaty from the gym, it does NOT come off. So good, almost to a fault (but that's why I have my handy Clarisonic). 

Anyways, my ramblings have gone on long enough. I was LONG overdue for a new brush (read: I still had some of my originals and the last one I purchased was almost 3 years ago. Ew. ) If you already use Bare Minerals, definitely try the compact with the precision brush. You will not regret it. 

Lastly, if you haven't tried Bare Minerals, PLEASE. I'm telling you... it will change your makeup life. Your makeup routine will be cut in half...this is the easiest application routine you will come across. You cannot mess it up, and I'm telling you, it will make your skin look 99% better. Seriously, run into Sephora and buy the starter kit. It comes with all of the application brushes you will need and a few shades of foundation and concealer. And the lovely Sephora employees are always very willing to match your shade for you so you don't have to guess. I'm telling you... 

Ok, I'm done. 


No comments:

Post a Comment