Thursday, May 9, 2013

YAY!

This is going to be the shortest blog post ever, but I am DONE!
I am so happy and so relieved that I cannot quit smiling.

This morning when I woke up, I honestly thought I might throw up. I was so nervous. Public speaking is not my strong point. Especially when there is so much riding on the outcome. I thought I was going to try to practice my presentation one last time, but instead I decided to read my devotional. And, (not surprising) there was an entry that seemed directed just at my current situation. It talked about not worrying, and that when we worry it's because we aren't focusing on what we have to be thankful for. So, before I even got out of bed, I changed my mindset to thinking about everything I had to be thankful for, leading up until today.

There are a million and one things, and I am sure I barely touched the surface. But by the time I got up in front of the room, I felt really calm. And just happy... and SO thankful.

And that is how I am feeling now!

Thank God for his grace and love in my life now, and especially in the past year, and also to my family (namely my sister who put up with my bad attitude and whining at times), and all of my awesome friends who encouraged me when I didn't think I would get here.

What a GREAT day.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is such a wonderful feeling! So glad the devotional got you through the day. That's something I need to remind myself more often: be thankful, don't worry! Love it!

    ReplyDelete