Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thankful Thursdays

The best way to combat negativity is THANKFULNESS. I try to remind myself of this when I hear my thoughts become harsh, and my attitude...not so pleasant. For every one thing that is annoying me, there are so many things I can think to be thankful for.

Here are some random things I am thankful for today...

1.
THIS
+
THIS
=


A little something I have been whipping up at home...just what I need to get me through these (maybe?) last few weeks of Winter.

2. I know I have mentioned the Jesus Calling devotional before, but truly! This daily devotional is one of my favorites. I don't  actually read it daily, but when I do, I feel like there is always an application to a current situation or that day. Love this encouragement! 

3. Emojis. 
I know, lame right? But what I am getting at here...these clever little graphics actually add a significant amount of humor to my day. Also, my Dad includes them in EVERY text. Seriously, all of them. No need for relevance. It makes me laugh so hard. And I am thankful for laughing!


4. Community
In my line of work, I see a lot of people fail..simply because they do not have community around them. I know its cliche, but I am incredibly thankful for the community of people that I have around me. I feel fortunate to have such a wonderful support system! 

5. My phone
I know, I know. Again... materialistic. My phone allows me to stay in constant contact with anyone and everyone I care about. It brings me random laughs throughout the day. It keeps a schedule of my work activities all day long and reminds me when I need to be somewhere. It directs me to the various places I travel. It wakes me up in the morning. It helps me track progress. It enables me to capture moments with family and friends. 

I know that I don't NEED a phone. It's possible to live without one. Just saying.. I'm THANKFUL!

And that's what this whole post was about, anyways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment