Thursday, October 23, 2014

PSA: Arctic Zero

Hey guys.

I am going to make this short and sweet, a little PSA if you will.

Ice cream is good. I want it every night. Actually, I would take a little ice-cream after every meal. It makes everything better.

I stumbled across Arctic Zero on a health blog and thought… hmmm…. could it be? A pint of ice cream for 150 calories? Sign me up!

So I purchased it (FYI - I have only seen it at Hy-Vee and Wal-Mart) and brought it home. Post supper time, when I typically start debating if I should drive through Runza for a twist cone, I busted into the freezer for my first AZ experience.

I sure was excited. I purchased the cookies and cream flavor…. as it is my standard go-to flavor in the frozen dairy department.


Experience as follows:
First bite: Mmmm. Cold. Frozen. Mostly like ice cream. Not as creamy, but good.
Second bite: I guess it tastes like cookies and cream. Sort of.
Third bite: This tastes pretty watery.
Fourth bite: Why is this called cookies and cream?
Fifth bite: Am I eating frozen sand?


There was no sixth bite, gang. Don't waste your $5-8 (depending on where you get it) for this poor ice cream substitute. It's just like I thought… if you want dessert, go big or go home.







1 comment:

  1. Hi Gina,

    The Arctic Zero team and I spotted your review about our frozen desserts and we wanted to reach out! We’re so sad to hear you didn’t enjoy your first pint of AZ and would love to connect to learn more about your experience. From your initial description of the flavor and texture, it sounds like the pint may have been temperature abused, but again, we’d definitely like to hear more and get some additional details so we can take a closer look. Please let us know the best way to get in touch with you. Thank you so much for your honest feedback and we hope to talk more soon!

    Sincerely,
    Lindsey and the Arctic Zero Team

    ReplyDelete