Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On: Perversion

First of all, hi! Sorry for the blog hiatus. I don't even know. I have no excuses, really.

I've been wanting to do this review for awhile now, and after using this pencil for close to 3 months, I feel like I have a few things to say. Not long ago I did a post on using eye shadow as liner. I still love this method, but some mornings, I do NOT have time for it. Hence… eyeliner. 

I will start by saying I have been a LONG time user of Revlon color stay eyeliner. I started using it sometime in high school and really never stopped. I love how a) its cheap and b) it doesn't budge. Really, that's all you can ask for in an eyeliner, right?

Well, as it turns out, even when i'm satisfied with a product… I'm not. I love hearing about the new stuff and EVERY time I went into Sephora or Ulta, someone would recommend this eyeliner. So finally I said, whatever, let's do this. 

And here is what I have to say…in the form of a list. 

1. Is UD better than Revlon? No. Not better. But different. 

2. Does UD stay on better and longer than Revlon or any other eyeliner I have experimented with? No. But it stays on exceptionally well, especially when used with a primer. But when I come home from an 8-hour work day, I have to touch up the smudges underneath my eye. 

3. Is calling it a glide-on accurate? YES. YES. YES. If there is one part of this product I would like to brag on, it would be the application. This stuff is so smooth. I have never used anything like it. It gives you the freedom to apply it in a thick line or do dots to make a very thin, natural line. And effortlessly. I love that. 

4. What about the color? Well, funny you should ask. I am a black eyeliner girl. I don't understand the point of brown eyeliner, and I have reactions to blue or purple. So, I am a blackest black kind of gal. UD has a color called "Perversion" which is absolutely gorgeous. It is the RICHEST black. I don't know how to explain it, but it's fantastic. And, in my opinion, a much prettier shade than Revlon's "Blackest Black."

5. Will I continue to buy this product? Well…. I'm not sure. It depends. At $20 a pop, it IS significantly more than Revlon ($4). So, yes, I will buy it again. But… every time? Probably not. 

So, there you have it. A mediocre review if you will. I can't get TOO excited about this product, but I do like it. And that's about all.

Not everything can be scream worthy. 

I hope to be back sooner rather than later, but I can't make any promises!

XOXO, 



No comments:

Post a Comment