Thursday, December 1, 2016

life update



Hi everyone! 

A few things: pregnancy is crazy. I realize I sound like everyone else, but I seriously had no idea how drastically my life, body, and emotions would change as I started growing this little babe!

Don't get me wrong, I am overwhelmed with happiness. 

I am also overwhelmed with a lot of things. Everything. The emotional toll (and physical, obviously) is the real deal. 

Today I am 20 WEEKS PREGNANT! That's halfway for those of you who aren't keeping up! :)

I thought it would be fun to do a little questionnaire! 

How far along: 20 weeks

Total weight gain: I really don't know. I don't keep a scale at home and I gained about 4 pounds between my first two appointments. More info on that to come for sure. That being said, I am POSITIVE I have gained weight. :) 

Maternity clothes: My favorite thing in the world. How many times in your life do you get to wear maternity pants to a Thanksgiving dinner? But seriously. I am still wearing most of my regular pants. I CAN button them, but not comfortably. It's either maternity pants or a belly band for me. Or leggings. Luckily, the current style is perfect for this stage of pregnancy. I can still wear most of my flowy tops and tunics. 

Stretch marks: (knock on wood) Nothing yet! Though I am told all of my efforts to rub creams, oils, etc. have NO bearing.... I still do it religiously. 

Sleep: This has recently become an issue. I went from barely being able to stay awake throughout the day to extreme bouts of insomnia. It's not uncommon for me to wake up at 2:30 AM and lay there for a few hours. Add in the nightly bathroom breaks and.... yeah. 

Miss anything: Hmmmm... every now and again I think a nice cocktail sure would be lovely. Or a glass of wine. Oh, and sleeping on my stomach sometimes. But it all pales in comparison to the joy I get in daydreaming about baby. :) 

Movement: UGH! I can't feel ANYTHING! There were a few times where I thought maybe...MAYBE it was him. But I want to be sure. And nothing "sure" yet. 

Food cravings: No serious cravings, just serious hunger. When I am ready to eat, it is NOW. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Still weaning off of the Diclegis train. Every now and again I will get a little "gaggy" but overall, MUCH better! 

Have you started to show yet: Absolutely. 

Gender: Sweet little boy!

Labor signs: Negative, thank goodness!

Belly button in or out: I have actually noticed it seems to be pushing out! It's not OUT out, but it's heading that way! So bizarre to look at! 

Wedding rings on or off: On!

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but SO emotional. I am feeling everything at a very new level. Yikes. 


Looking forward to: Christmas! Seeing family for the holidays and upcoming gatherings. 

Thanks for hanging out with me for a little Q & A! This season of life has been so full... in every regard. I cannot wait for everything to come!

 To all the other mamas out there, I recently started my baby registry! There are so many helpful checklists out there, but I still love input from my friends and ALL OF YOU! So, tell me, what are your must have baby registry items? 

Have a GREAT weekend!




Thank you to Scottsdale Mom's blog for the questions!

8 comments:

  1. haha I love this insight look into pregnancy as my husband and I hope to have kids soon and I will know a little bit more of what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute update post!! I have never been pregnant but I would hope when that day comes that it's during the winter time. Being able to wear leggings while pregnant is probably one of the most comfortable things ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mistle!!
      I couldn't agree more, love leggings - especially this Winter! ;)

      Delete
  3. So excited for you and the baby!! Such an exciting time right now... Love it!

    Brittany :)
    www.kingdomofsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany!!! It has been SO exciting and full of changes :)

      Delete
  4. With both of my kids I've been BIG pregnant the majority of the winter when it's been colder so that's been a huge plus (I'm in Utah, so winters here are chilly!) Good luck getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nebraska winters are pretty cold, too! I am SO relieved to not deal with the hot sun during the "big" months :) Thank you!!!

      Delete