Thursday, January 19, 2017

26ish weeks

I am almost 27 weeks. But not quite. But basically. It's all very technical. 


I wanted to do another fun, cute questionnaire to update you all on "the bump" progress, but I decided I have enough random thoughts concerning this point in pregnancy that I would simply just share those. 

Comfort is key. Too tight of pants will ruin your day. 

Having the stomach flu while pregnant is the worst. It's always the worst. Being pregnant makes it double suck. 

Underwires suck. Leave them behind. 

I know in the back of my mind I can't prevent stretch marks, but I am trying. Religiously. So far, so good. 

I still don't regret having my belly button pierced. Everyone told me I would once I got to this point. But I don't. (And yes, it's been long gone for awhile now!)

People constantly ask me, are you having cravings? I always say no. But I would say my thoughts are usually 90% about food.

It's getting uncomfortable to bend over. I've noticed to pick something up, I've started doing a weird squat thing. It's definitely not cute. 

Pregnancy brain is real. 

I've learned to try my hardest to not start crying when it "comes on". One, single emotional thought can turn into a huge, ugly cry session. In my car, on the way to a meeting. No thanks. 

I read a lot about how to make your regular clothes last far into maternity. I disagree. If I could go back, I would start wearing the stretchy, high waist things immediately. 

It is still the greatest thing ever when he is kicking, even when it's my bladder. He's wild!

Speaking of bladder, I despise you 4:30 AM bathroom break. You are the worst. 

No strangers have touched my stomach... yet. Apparently this happens.

I can't breathe. 

I need to update my baby registry again. 

Are my ribs breaking? 

Heartburn is the worst. Well, second to nausea. 

I still can't believe he will be here in a few short months. 

OMG HE WILL BE HERE IN A FEW SHORT MONTHS. Nothing is done. 

Friends who loan you cute maternity clothes are amazing. 

Pregnancy would be so much scarier without my husband. He is the best. 

And so many other things...

Pregnancy is so many things I had heard, but also so many things I didn't expect to feel! The general consensus is always "it's all totally worth it"... and I absolutely believe that! I cannot wait until our little guy is here. 

Here's to 13 more weeks! 





 




2 comments:

  1. So exciting!! All of these are on point... You have the cutest bump! :)

    Brittany :)
    www.kingdomofsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks girl! I'm glad I'm in good company :) and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete