Sunday, March 3, 2013

Coconut Oil Emergency

The Small Things blog is one of my favorite blogs to browse every week. Last week, she wrote a blog about using coconut oil as a hair moisturizer and to revive dry hair. (You can check it out here)

Anyways, I was super excited. I went to HyVee and bought this coconut oil....

Well, on the blog, she said that she washed her hair, put a tablespoon of the oil into her hair, then rinsed and conditioned as usual. 

I should know better than to try these kinds of things out before work. On this particular day,  I had a few other things I needed to do before I went to work, and I was functioning in a small time frame. I felt like my hair seemed like it had a little bit of residue left over after I got out of the shower, but I figured it would be fine once it was dried. Well, long story short....no. After drying my hair, it still appeared to be wet, which is the ultimate grease ball look. I had no time to rectify the situation, so I threw my hair into a pony tail and left. After several examinations in my rear view mirror, I decided there was no way I could go to work looking like that. Luckily, I had to drop my friend off at her house and with 20 minutes to spare, I quickly re-washed and dried my hair at her house. My hair was heavy/static-y for the rest of the day. What a disaster. 

But, I refuse to be defeated by these situations. Maybe if I use LESS oil, and make sure to wash it immediately after, it will work. I am trying again. NOT before work. 

And, the coconut oil is not a complete waste. I have been using it as a moisturizer on my face at night, and it makes my skin SO soft. I also put it on my legs after shaving (in the shower) and it worked miracles! So, if the hair thing doesn't pan out, there are other uses. 

Moral of the story: do not try home remedies before you need to be somewhere that other human beings will see you. 

Has anyone tried coconut oil or had any success? Let me know.. I obviously need help.


Happy End of the Weekend,


2 comments:

  1. Truth be told, most families on the Southern shore of India unfailingly add coconut to their sustenance. They can't envision sustenance without coconut.coconut oil

    ReplyDelete