Thursday, January 30, 2014

TeamMates

I wanted to share a quick post about something I am very passionate about.

If you live in Nebraska, you have likely heard of the TeamMates Mentoring Program.  A couple of years ago, I decided to sign up and subsequently was matched with a sweet, beautiful girl who was finishing up third grade. Fast forward a couple of years and I now have the privilege of seeing an incredibly intelligent, caring, and driven fifth grader every week.

Tonight, Lincoln put on a wonderful recognition dinner honoring the mentors and mentees. Dr. Shane Lopez, author of Making Hope Happen was the speaker. Dr. Lopez shared on the importance of causing a "ripple of hope" for the people in our lives, and the dramatic effect that it has.

It was inspiring to see the testimonies of graduating mentees and the impact that their mentors have had over their lives.

Long story short, my heart is very full and it made me so thankful that Lincoln is a city that has people willing to be there for it's children. So, I would like to encourage EVERYONE to join in this amazing opportunity.


You can find out more about how to get involved HERE. Help double the impact!

*Note..TeamMates has chapters in Nebraska, Iowa AND California. If you aren't in any of these areas and believe your city could benefit, YOU could help start a chapter

I promise you will never regret becoming involved with this organization. Check it out!



No comments:

Post a Comment