Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Book Review: Big Little Lies

A month or so ago I read "The Husband's Secret" by Liane Moriarty and absolutely loved it. Every now and then I come across an author who writes in a style that I simply cannot put the book down. That is totally Liane Moriarty! 


Those are my favorite books… it reminds me of the days when I was in junior high/high school and I spent a significant amount of time with my nose buried in a book. My mom never discouraged me from reading, obviously, however she would get quite annoyed when I was supposed to be doing a chore and she would stumble on me lounging with a book. OOPS! I try not to feel too guilty these days when I get lost in a book… even when there is a stack of laundry just hanging out. 

I was super excited to find that my library had an Ebook edition of another of her books! 

At first, I have to admit, I was a little confused with the plot. Without giving anything away, if you read it you will see how the book hops around on the timeline. But, within a chapter or so I was completely hooked and intrigued.  

I love how she can combine humor, mystery, drama and complex emotional issues into her story and characters. And so before I completely spill this whole story line, I will leave you at that. This is a MUST READ. As I assume all of her books are. I just haven't gotten that far yet! 

Happy Reading!







No comments:

Post a Comment