Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Things

Finally.Friday.

I think I uncovered why I struggled through this week. It's the first FULL week I've worked in almost a month! That will do it. Between holiday weekends and random days off, I apparently couldn't get through a full work week.

I'm calling it Friday Things because I'm all over the place on this one! And we are linking up for Friday!

| First, I feel like it wouldn't be right if I didn't address the recent tragedies that have happened in Orlando. I know the news is always full of heartache, but the most recent news in Orlando hit really close to home knowing that the family of Lane Graves is from Elkhorn, NE...which is just a few miles away from us. I cannot fathom what their family is going through, but it is comforting to know that the whole state of Nebraska is supporting them during this tragedy. On the flip side, I cannot read one more comment/post about that there was a "No Swimming" sign posted, or about how they should have been better parents. No. Just no. And in case anyone is wondering how they can show more support, check here.


| Keeping Cool
Next... this heat has been unbearable. I used to live for Summer back in the day. For obvious reasons... I was out of school and I got to live at the pool with the kids I was babysitting. Rough life. But sweating in work clothes and lugging bags around from home to home for visits all day in 100 degrees is getting old... and it's only June. When I get home, I basically just want to suck  on ice cubes. I threw together this {low calorie} concoction the other day that I think will be a staple until things cool down! It's a total no brainer, but so refreshing! Rasperry lemonade crystal light, a little water, a little ice... our handy (cheap) blender... and you have yourself a slushie. You could also add vodka or tequila....


+
 
 
 
 




| Jeans
 I love Sheaffer Told Me To (she has the best recommendations! Hello Wacoal bra!) and I feel like I need these Vigoss jeans. Does anyone have them? How stretchy are they? So many questions.. but they look like the perfect color with just the right amount of distress!

 
 
| One Piece Swimsuits
Here's the thing... lately I can't help but think one piece cut out suits are WAY cuter than a bikini. But all I can imagine coming out of this scenario is a massive wedgie. I haven't had a one piece since 1999 so I really don't know... any thoughts? I am loving this one...
 
 
 


 Does everyone have big plans for Fathers Day weekend? Have a happy Friday!

xoxox



Also check out Sept Farm & Meet At The Barre !

17 comments:

  1. I haven't owned a one piece since the mid-late 90's either, but I'm loving how cute they are this year! So much fun to be able to mix up the bathing suit drawer! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Sounds like I need to add one :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't had a one piece since I was a child. They've never been flattering on my, but I really like that black one you shared! Maybe they've gotten a lot better over the years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I don't see how it will be flattering but I should probably try one on… :)

      Delete
  3. I love my one piece bathing suit - I bought one last year and it's amazing!! Girl I'm all about that lemonade - it's my favorite!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? Do you have any recs of which ones to get?
      I love it too!!! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love that one piece! They are so much better than the one pieces many years ago :) No big plans this weekend. We've been busy every weekend for the last few weeks so we are actually looking forward to some down time. xx Rox-Anne, Celebratingthislife.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Sounds like I need to give it a try :)
      Those are the BEST weekends :) Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE that one piece bathing suit, but I haven't worn a one piece since I was a little girl. You should at least try one on and see how you like it. I've been contemplating getting one as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm thinking it needs to happen…. let me know if you have any luck :)

      Delete
  6. I purchased those exact Vigoss jeans a few weeks ago! They fit true to size and are so comfy and cute. They are pretty stretchy, which I like, and the rips don't seem like they will turn into giant holes quickly haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you read this, that is SUPER helpful! Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Love that swimsuit!!! I've got a couple one pieces that I love... but swimsuit shopping is almost as frustrating as jeans shopping for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, yes… those are the two worst for me as well!! I'm glad you have one you love, I definitely need to try it out. xoxox

      Delete
  8. I have been just sick regarding the Graves tragedy this week. I have been praying so hard for that family. And yes, I agree, all of the haters need to stop. I feel like you have to have a really cold heart to criticize a family going through something like this!

    Oh my gosh I'm so excited about trying the Crystal light slushie! I drink Crystal light all of the time but have never thought of making it a slushie! Also, I did purchase a one piece swimming suit this year and I really love it.

    http://www.target.com/p/marimekko-for-target-women-s-one-piece-swimsuit-paprika-print-black/-/A-50437519

    And, they have matching ones for baby girls (which I bought for my daughter). The baby ones are on clearance so you should purchase them for your cute little nieces and then you guys would be the coolest people at the swimming pool! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you. I am thinking about them non stop but had to completely stop reading anything about it in the news.
      The crystal light drink is SO easy … I don't know why I haven't been doing this before :) Hope you enjoy.

      I checked out that link, very cute! I love that you have matching swimsuits! :) I get to see my cute nieces next week !!

      Delete
  9. i purchased this jeans few days back and i love your look in this jeans with white shirt.
    http://www.ootdchannel.com/

    ReplyDelete