Monday, June 6, 2016

Monday Ramblings

What a week (last week that is!) We have been busy with some fun mixed in, so I have a few thoughts to share. And they are kind of all over the place. But here we go!


 
Tuesday - Thursday I worked my butt off to get ready for a garage sale for our community sales. It was a huge disappointment. We live in a neighborhood a few miles outside of "town" and people did not come our way. I'm still trying to get over it! To the consignment shops I guess! The upside? My mom hung out for the whole sale (Friday & Saturday) and we got to spend a ton of time together. And we had donuts. And Brick was super into the sale...



 
The swing dress I have been dying to get from Nordstrom finally came in the mail. And it was too big! I despise returning things, no matter how easy the process. I ordered a medium as opposed to small (just to err on the side of it not being too tight) and that was a mistake!  I still love the dress though and I got it for super cheap during the sale. So I guess I'm exchanging...




Living Proof update: you may have read my post about doing a trial of Living Proof shampoo and conditioner. Well, I finally ran out of my first bottles. While I was debating if I should replace it,  I started using my old shampoo and conditioner in my shower. I still love those products (Biologe/Bedhead) but I was SHOCKED at how much more often I had to wash my hair! The LP products keep my hair so clean and fresh. I can do dry shampoo for up to a week. The difference was SO obvious that I think I am going to stick with LP until I have a reason not to.


Maskcara Beauty posted over the weekend on their insta to try Milk of Magnesia as a primer for oily skin. During the Summer, my T zone is always a disaster as soon as I get in the heat. Well, I had the perfect to opportunity to test it out as I went to a wedding in the middle of a field on Saturday. The sun was beating down on me for close to 2 hours and my make up didn't budge. I read some blogs saying that you shouldn't use it for a primer (messes with the ph levels in your skin, etc.), but a bottle is $3 and you use the smallest amount. And the results were better than any other mattifying product I have tried. I'm a believer! I'm not professing to be a scientist, but I have to assume that every product I use is messing with the ph levels in my skin...



If you haven't tried it (and aren't opposed!) give it a go! Totally worth a few dollars.


Lastly... last night we saw The Book of Mormon at the Orpheum Theater. Clay had bought the tickets several months ago and it snuck up on us. We thought it would be a great excuse to get dressed up and out on the town. Also, it was my first time at the Orpheum. Which is TERRIBLE considering I have lived in Omaha for 2 years now. I could write a whole post on this experience but here it is in a nutshell: The Book of Mormon was fantastic. The Orpheum is so beautiful. We had an amazing night out and it was a great way to wrap up the weekend.




Sort of blurry- but we had so much fun!
 
 
Happy Monday!

xoxox


Linking up with Bloved Boston and Her Heartland Soul for weekending :)















18 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear the sale wasn't a success, but I think you'll have great luck at the consignment shops! Loving your white dress for the theater! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Orpheum is a seriously beautiful theatre! Glad you finally made it there.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that dress and was so bummed when it sold out! Good to see the striped version though, I might pick that up! I also adore that LP line, makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the striped one is just as cute, if not more so! I might exchange for that one :) I am so glad someone else thinks so! Curious which LP products you use?

      Delete
  4. That dress is so pretty- you look beautiful! Sorry your garage sale didn't have as good as turn out as you wanted. That's always a bummer, but at least there were doughnuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara! It's ok.. you are right, the doughnuts totally make up for it! It's always a gamble with garage sales :)

      Delete
  5. Boooooo for having to exchange that dress but YAY that you finally ordered it! ;-) So sorry the garage sale was a bust, I know how hard you were working to put everything together. Maybe we should have a Plato's Closet date in our near future?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am planning to still get rid of everything.. I am going to check out a consignment shop in Papillion and see how that goes !

      Delete
  6. I meant to get tickets to see Book of Mormon! I'm so sad I missed it but so glad you enjoyed it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was wonderful! I am sure they will be back :) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Yay for a theater date night! I actually just bought us tickets to Beauty and the Beast in a few weeks! Sorry your garage sale was a bust. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, thanks!
      Beauty and the Beast would be so wonderful.. I can't wait to hear about that!

      Delete
  8. My family is having a garage sale this weekend and we are worried the same thing might happen to us because we live a little on the outside of town :( Fingers crossed people come out. Also, the Orpheum is one of my all time favorite places in Nebraska! I'm glad you were able to experience it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours goes MUCH better! My only advice is to put signs up in high traffic areas... the people that did come said they saw our signs out on the intersection :)
      Thanks, it is so beautiful there! I already can't wait to go back.

      Good luck with your sale!

      Delete
  9. This makes me want to try out the Living Proof shampoo! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, at first I didn't know what the fuss was about! It smells great but I didn't realize how much it changed my hair until I went back to my old shampoo. Highly recommend!!

      Delete