Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Playing Dress Up...

It seems like lately it has been so cold that I can barely bring myself to leave my home unless it is absolutely necessary. A few days ago, it started snowing and blowing and I knew there was no way I was leaving for several hours. 

Somehow, my night turned in to me researching 40s, 50s and 60s fashion. Ahhh my heart! I love it so much. The hair, the make up, the clothes… it is so romantic.  This was also when I realized why I (like every other girl) love movies like The Notebook and Pearl Harbor. The fashion and feel of that time period is the best thing ever! 

Anyways, I ended up experimenting with 40s, 50s and 60s hair for several hours. It didn't occur to me until I was at the end of my experiment to document some of my efforts. I used various photos for inspiration. 








For my "60s" look,  I was working with a head full of curls to begin with.  I did a lot of teasing at the crown of my head and then combed it all back and secured with bobby pins. Since I have bangs right now, and so did one of the pictures, I left them down. I was playing with some make up as well- I used my regular eyeliner and winged outside of my eyes. I added my black eye shadow on top of the eyeliner for extra drama (Naked II).  I used Too Faced "Better Than False Lashes" and I did a couple of applications.  And…


I wish I would have lived in any of those eras. Since that is impossible, I will periodically continue to be inspired by these classic looks! There are a lot of fun websites that have hair tutorials for these classic 'dos. Google search your favorite looks and start playing dress up! It's okay to never outgrow that, right? Right. 

XOXO, 



No comments:

Post a Comment