Thursday, April 21, 2016

LP Update + my new chair!

Happy Thursday! I've been a little absent on the blog lately, but work and people have to come first! I love having this space to discuss products and happenings, but it's also the first thing that has to go when I get busy. Such is life!

Anyways, Living Proof. Several months ago I caved and tried their dry shampoo since it was getting all the rave. And... I didn't like it. Ugh! I hate when that happens. I wanted to love it, I really did. One of my favorite blogs in the world, Maskcara, has been very open about her decision to switch to the Living Proof hair line. I seriously trust her opinion on hair and make up, and it was enough for me to want to give it a go.

In the last few months I have needed a "refresher" and usually completely changing up products will do that. With the help of one of my local Beauty First employees, I landed on the No Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner + the new  Perfect Hair Day - Fresh Cut Split End Mender. After using the products for a few weeks, I finally have an opinion!

 
No Frizz Shampoo & Conditioner:

Pros: Smells so light and clean, all day long. I LOVE scent that holds on all day. It gives you that squeaky clean feeling without drying your hair out. Smooths out hair.

Cons: I experienced my hair getting oily FASTER rather than slower/less washing. (I typically wash every 3-4 days and I was feeling like I needed to wash more like every other day). I had to use extra conditioner to get it to "work." And... of course the price tag. Salon products are expensive. And I will always invest in good shampoo and conditioner, but $24 (a piece) for an 8 oz bottle is a little bit of a stretch! Yikes!

Perfect Hair Day - Fresh Cut Split End Mender:

Pros:  Again, the smell. I love it! It is such a unique, light scent. I also love that you can use it while your hair is wet OR dry! It really does smooth hair out if you are getting ready to blow dry and style.

* I have to be honest and say I got a trim RIGHT  before I started using this product and so I really don't have split ends right now. That makes it difficult to see how it is "repairing." Soon enough ....

Cons: I cant find any. The price I guess. Again, to be expected. It's $24 for 3.4 oz. Which seems crazy, but you really don't use that much, and I expect this tube to last me quite a while.

So, here's the deal. I think this line is a winner. I'm not going to use their dry shampoo because it just didn't work for me (And...hello Drybar detox. My absolute favorite!) I wish I would have known that the LP website is awesome and has this handy little quiz tool to help you decide which product is best for you. I took the test AFTER the fact, and the website recommended that I try the Perfect Hair Day shampoo and conditioner.

Since Beauty First is awesome, and lets you try their products for up to 60 days, I think I am going to go ahead and trade out for the PHD shampoo and conditioner. I just want to find my "perfect combo" because I think these products are worth it!

SO... who has tried LP? What is your perfect combination?! I would love to hear more ... email me or let me know in the comments! :)

And... I have the sweetest husband in the world! As I mentioned here before, I refinished a vanity for my closet. I wanted to get a stool for it, but I never got around to it. When I came home last night, this was all set up. I LOVE IT! It's perfect and I probably couldn't have picked something out better myself. Plus, Oreos and the perfect Spring flowers?!  Yes!!


Don't mind my messy makeup situation! Real life.
 
Sans Oreos.
 
I have a BIG weekend ahead. A wedding double header plus lots of friends and family time, starting tonight! See you next week!

xoxox




 


7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on Living Proof. I got the Happy Hair Days kit a few months ago, it's trial size of the Phd products. All of the products were good, but I didn't LOVE them. I only had about three uses of the shampoo and conditioner though, so maybe I didn't use them long enough. I'm almost convinced to try the DryBar dry shampoo!

    Speaking of Cara, have you considered trying her makeup? I used bare minerals for years, then ordered her HAC pack about two years ago and haven't looked back! It's great!!

    What a sweet husband you have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allison! Thanks for the feedback, I really love to hear other's experiences with the products. I am still on the fence about switching out for the phd products.

      I can't encourage you enough to give DryBar a go! Detox and Triple Sec... I am slightly obsessed!

      And yes, I HAVE considered it! Several times! I'm intrigued that you say you used Bare minerals because that's what I use and have for so many years. I might have to check it out...why do you like it better??

      He's pretty great :)
      Thanks for stopping by the blog!

      Delete
    2. Well there is definitely a learning curve to it, but once you get it, the contouring is pretty easy. The cream products blend well and all of it looks natural. The coverage is build-able, which is nice because I don't like to wear a lot to work. I was having to use a pretty heavy moisturizer when I was using bare minerals and it made the makeup look thick.

      Delete
    3. They have a great return policy if you order and happen not to like it!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about the LP quiz!? Taking it right now!! And that vanity/stool are just the cutest combo!!! <3

    xox,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww!!! love the vanity! looks great.

    ReplyDelete