Friday, January 4, 2013

Friday Fun!

Finally Friday! Sometimes the short weeks take the longest to get through! I am so thankful for all of the time spent with friends and family....but it's still not over. There are plenty of gatherings in the near future, starting with the premier of the Bachelor! Ok, this may not be a priority for many of you, but I am super excited! If anyone watched Emily Maynard's season of the Bachelorette, you KNOW Sean Lowe. I don't know of anyone who isn't absolutely thrilled to see him as the Bachelor. I know I am excited. On a deeply saddened note, I remembered I am taking an accelerated class starting Sunday and will be in class EVERY day and night for that whole week. I know, its devastating. It really is. But I have officially come to terms with it and will watch the premier... later. But, everyone else will still be watching it Monday night, so in preparation for your Bachelor premier party (everyone has those, right?) I wanted to share my favorite dip that is delicious, and oh so easy. 

My Mom used to make this for us all the time... sometimes we would even eat it for a meal! It is not anything special, but its the perfect thing to snack on with a group of people. 

And of course...we gave it the ever so creative name... 

"Hamburger Dip"

1 lb of ground beef (you could also use sausage or chicken!)

Velveeta ( you can add as much or as little as you wish)

1 jar of Picante 

Brown your beef (or whatever you decide to use). Drain the grease off. Throw the meat, Velveeta ( I typically end up using the whole box, but you can add slowly until you get it to a desired consistency or taste), and the jar of Picante into your crockpot.  Stir frequently until the cheese is melted. Its that easy! With this dip, you can tailor it to however you like. You can use spicier salsa, more salsa than cheese, more meat, no meat... its endless. 

We always just eat  the dip with tortilla chip, but  I know a lot of people like to up the cheese factor and use Doritos. Either way, you are going to love this stuff!

For anyone who knows me, please don't harass me with live updates from the Bachelor, I can't stand the thought of not knowing what is happening until later! I'm kind of kidding... but seriously.  I cannot WAIT! Everyone have a great weekend... and remember... Mondays are about to become the best day of the week again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment