Saturday, December 29, 2012

Holiday Treats... for me.

There are five things I wanted to accomplish on the three week break that I have from classes:
1) Read (for fun)
2) Get a massage
3) Get a facial
4) Spend time with friends 
5) Bake... a lot. 

I know... I know. Hefty goals. 

These are the things I think about, however, when I am drowning in homework and reading (the NOT fun kind) and tell myself "just wait until break, there will be time then." 

Well, I am proud to say that I still have a week left before I am officially back to the grind... and I have accomplished ALL FIVE! 

I got a massage basically an hour after I took my last final. I have read four books so far. I have seen a lot of friends, spent time with some of my favorite people, and have plans for more in the next week! As far as baking, Christmas festivities took care of that. I have made more batches of cookies and desserts in the last 2 weeks than the last 3 months combined. 

And... as of today, just got THE BEST facial I have had in years. 

I see Sweet Jane salon all the time when I am driving on 'O' Street. I always thought it looked like such an adorable place! A couple weeks ago I checked their Facebook page and stumbled on Casey Donner with Sweet Jane Salon. I called to schedule an appointment, and I was NOT disappointed! Casey was running a special for a facial + microderm. I could not have been more thrilled to hear this news! My face was starting to look like the walking dead. Having a cold for 2+ weeks, this weather, my dry skin and overall lack of care lately combined into an unattractive mess. 

Fast forward to my appointment. Sweet Jane Salon is as cool as I imagined it from the outside. Such a fun space near downtown Lincoln and decorated so stylish and fun. Casey's spa area is relaxing and has the perfect vibe. As far as the facial, I couldn't have been more pleased. Casey did an amazing job and it was the most relaxing 45 minutes I have had in quite some time. As I am sitting here now, I feel like I have a new face! My skin feels smooth and firm, and my complexion looks brighter! 

For those of you who have never had a facial, there are various options depending on your skin and each facial can be somewhat customized for your needs. Also, what some people may not realize, is that facials typically include massage for the arms, shoulder, neck and scalp. A scalp massage is heaven... and getting your skin treated at the same time... bonus! What are you waiting for?! 

If you need a winter pick-me-up, get in touch with Casey at Sweet Jane Salon and schedule a facial soon! You will not be disappointed, trust me. Thanks Casey! 

1 comment:

  1. When studying, it sometimes becomes really difficult to catch up with your social life or do other stuff that you love to do. So making a list of things you missed while studying and making it up during semester break is really interesting and joyful. I also remember the vacations i used to plan and the time i used to spend with friends and family during my semester breaks.

    ReplyDelete