Thursday, April 11, 2013

No Limits

Today was a long...long...long day. Luckily, my 2nd draft is completed (I think?) and out of my hands and the countdown is on... almost exactly 4 weeks left!

Last year, a special lady gave me the "Jesus Calling" devotional and it has been so encouraging to me. 

Today, I was reading, and a part of the devotional really hit me...

"We are constantly aware of limitations: our own, and others'. But there is no limit to God's love; it fills all of space, time, and eternity." 

On most days, I feel extremely limited. By my thoughts, my actions, my failures, and my expectations for what God can do in my life and in those around me. But why? Days such as today, I am frustrated by my inability to trust in a God that I cannot see. However, it's the same God who knows us deeper than anyone else does, and loves us more than we can possibly grasp. When I think about how much I love my family and friends, sometimes THAT love overwhelms me. But it doesn't even compare to how God feels about us.. and that knowledge comforts me! 

"...and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19 

Thankful for daily reminders of God's truth and love, even on the hard days! 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! It's a great reminder and encouragement to me. I bought the Jesus Calling book earlier this year and have really gotten so much out of it so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear a lot of people say that they enjoy that devotional! :)

      Delete