Tuesday, February 2, 2016

SNOW DAY!

AH! I feel like I am being repetitive because I think nearly the whole state of Nebraska has a snow day today, but… it's so great!


This is my view from our back deck…. apparently it's a very heavy snow! Our trees are sagging under the pressure. Snow is really beautiful… when you are forced to stay home. Otherwise it is just the pits.

But because I am home… we made a yummy breakfast to cuddle up with and watch the Bachelor from last night. (My only thought from the episode: what eye make up was Emily wearing that she was sobbing so hard and it wasn't even slightly running off her face?! Anyone else?? ) 

Moving on. 

These waffles…. YES. I have been making a new recipe almost every time we have waffles, but we both agreed that this is THE ONE. I found the recipe HERE. I have this one saved and will be making it from now on. Bonus? There are only 4 ingredients. Easy. It is also the perfect combination of crispy and fluffy. If you catch my drift. 


4 Ingredient Dutch Cream Waffles

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup flour
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 3 eggs, separated
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • optional toppings: powdered sugar, syrup, fresh fruit, etc

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks on low speed. Gradually pour in cream and beat for 1 minute. Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
  1. In another bowl (make sure your beaters are clean) beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
  1. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. Serve warm with desired toppings.


**I added a "pour" of sugar and a little vanilla to the batter because… it makes everything better. 

Everyone.. if you have a snow day…enjoy!

xoxo


1 comment:

  1. There is seriously nothing better than an adult snow day! Especially when it involves waffles ;) Hope you enjoyed your day!!

    ReplyDelete