Monday, March 28, 2016

Project Coffee Station







Happy post Easter Monday! Easter weekend was hectic and crazy but we had such a great time hosting our families at our house!
 
I am SO SO excited to share with you all a project that we completed last week. I've been trying to figure out how to decorate this empty wall in our kitchen for quite some time now. It's fairly wide and it was a little bit overwhelming for me to figure out what to put there. After scrolling Pinterest (ha) for a few hours, I started to think that floating shelves were the way to go. And then I thought... we clearly also need a coffee station for our kitchen! And the vision was born. I told Clay about it on a Friday night. Sunday night we went antique/thrift store shopping.
 
 
And found this. I wanted something that had a lot of character, doors, and shelves for extra storage. You can't see the inside, but this has it all!

When I got home from work on Monday, this is what I saw on our kitchen wall:
 
  To say I was thrilled would be an understatement!! We barely discussed what I wanted the shelves to look like, and I thought this was a project that would extend over the next few weeks. But no. There they were, done! And absolutely perfect. (Side note: Clay is the best :) )

For the next few nights I painted. And stained. And painted and stained some more. For those of you who are curious, I used General Finishes Milk paint in "Linen" for the bottom and the top is General Finishes gel stain in "Java." I cannot say enough about these products. I have no painting experience and milk paint is the easiest thing to use. There is no prepping or priming necessary. I seriously dusted off the thing, took off the hardware and started painting! It took me about 4 coats to get the coverage that I wanted with the Linen color.

As far as the gel stain, I had purchased it for our kitchen cupboards. We haven't gotten to that project yet, but I now know how easy this stuff is to use! (Incredibly easy!) and I love the outcome.

So...without further ado, here is our big (little project) reveal:
 
 
 
And some close ups to show you the details:
 
 
 
 
 


 




 


 

I simply could not be happier with how this project came out. And I could not have done this without my husband Clay's handiwork. He made the whole thing come together!
He also made sure that he spaced my cup hooks so that my favorite mug collection could be displayed. :)

And as you may notice, I did end up brushing on a little of the GF gel stain on the shelving sides. We thought it added a little more to the whole look.

And you can now find us making a cup of coffee and staring at our little station. Because it's so cozy and we LOVE IT!

If you are thinking about a paint project, I cannot recommend GF products enough!

Have a great day!

xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment