Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Recap + more


Happy Monday! I am feeling so refreshed after this weekend. Much needed fun and R&R! I know no one wants to hear a word for word recap on the weekend, so I'll share a few highlights!

-Friday I got to hang out with my sister for a quick after-work dinner. We don't get to spend a ton of time together so it's always nice to chat! Friday night I poured over Pinterest until I created my own "vision" for our empty kitchen wall. Photos to come as soon as that project is complete!

- Saturday we juiced oranges and I made those amazing waffles I talked about here. So basically the best breakfast ever. And Clay made bacon and eggs... so.... heavenly.

-Sundays are typically my favorite day of the week. This Sunday was no exception. We got to go to church, lunch with some family, and then we took off for some thrifting. Due to my recent kitchen vision, I had some items in mind that we would need. We ended up at Imaginarium Antiques.. which... if you live anywhere in the Omaha area, I would strongly suggest this  place for your thrifting/antiquing needs :) Not only did we find the exact piece I wanted (and for cheap!), I found several pieces that honestly would have worked great. It's rare that you have options when you have something specific in mind! I am SO excited to get this project underway.

**Side note, on Sunday, I left my phone at home for our whole day. I loved being "free" from checking any social media or answering anything in general. However, I wanted to take pictures of all of the cool stuff we found! Next time! :) **

Speaking of projects, I will still be posting my vanity reno on the blog. I am waiting for a few pieces to complete the look! ;)

On Saturday I also felt inspired to start a few Spring cleaning projects. I wiped out half of my closet as well as cleaning a lot of windows (gross!). And then today... I felt even more inspired when I read Katie Elizabeth's blog on ways to refresh your home for Spring! Check it out HERE!

That's all for today! Have a great Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Good for you to leave your phone home on Sunday - I do that on purpose sometimes and does it feel great to feel "free"! I love sister time - I got to spend a little time with mine this weekend as well!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete