Friday, March 18, 2016

Review: NYX Pore Filler

I  have been waiting for Friday ALL WEEK!  Like everyone else. But as previously mentioned, I could use a little sleep-in tomorrow and I plan to take full advantage!

Last night I hit Omaha Fashion Week with A Midwestern Mix and you guys... we had so much fun. I'll recap the night {and all of the amazing people who got us ready for the event} in the coming weeks! I had no idea what to expect out it, but it really was awesome!

Anyways, on to business.

I can't be the only one who has annoyingly large pores in the most obvious places, right? Well, if I am, then so be it. But I doubt that. So what do you guys love to use to correct this issue? Obviously foundation helps a ton, but I love putting something on beforehand. Straight primer doesn't do a lot for me in the pore department. I'm wanting a primer/pore eraser mix!


I am aware of a few great products, one of them being Benefit Pore-fessional. I really do like this stuff and think it works -but when I ran out, I didn't run back to the store to replace it. Why? Well, its around $30 for a little tube. And yes, it does last quite a while. But I am looking to get thrifty.


So, when I saw NYX Pore Filler for $13.99 I thought...totally worth a try!

Here's the deal. If you have used Porefessional, you can probably attest to the fact that it really does "erase" the pores. It gives you a really, really smooth canvas to work with. It also gives you that "velvety" finish feeling- which  I personally love.

So as for NYX- it basically looks like the same formula when it comes out of the tube. It is tinted  (like Porefessional) and it has the velvet consistency. It feels great on your skin!

BUT.


And this is a big but. It did not erase my pores.

Umm okay? Sort of the whole point. It seems to be great as a smoother/primer- but it's literally called Pore Filler. And it didn't do that.

So I have to be honest and say this was a big miss for me! I'm definitely going to take it back. And .. I guess put my $14 towards another Porefessional purchase.

Has anyone else tried NYX? Let me know in the comments!  And as always, if you have any favorites that you think compare, PLEASE share!

Have a great weekend!

xoxxo





4 comments:

  1. I have never tried the NYX but this is the 2nd time in 2 days that's I'm hearing about so I'm glad I saw your review because I was about to try it. Boo it didn't work out :(

    www.jujuandlucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was disappointed, too! Maybe still make sure? Just in case it works for you :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I've seen this before and have wanted to try it. Now I have mixed feelings, but still want to try it out....just to say I did- ha!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! Sometimes you have to find out for yourself!

      Delete