Thursday, April 14, 2016

Favs on Friday



Yay it's Friday! My week seems painfully fast. Does that make sense? It's when your week is so busy that each day flies by and you don't know what happened. But not really in a good way…. 

Anyways, it's Friday. And I am thrilled. I have picked up quite a few things recently that I am really loving and I thought I would give a quick run down. Especially if you happen to be in the market… 


Yes, I know, I already talked about it. But i'm talking about it again because it's that good. Talk about amplified volume! If you need a root lift, look no further. This stuff is no joke. And can we talk about the smell? YUM. 
So, a 4.2 oz bottle is $26. So yes, it's a little on the higher end of things. I will say a little bit goes a long way! 

I have been using this now for several week and I am super impressed! I have heard great things about the brand, but have never tried any of their products. A sweet friend gifted this balm to me and I am loving it! 
Again, $24 is a little much for a balm. I get it, and agree. But it takes so little… I'm going to go ahead and say this will be well worth the dime! 
I had a friend recommend this book to me. I will admit, I was a little bit slow to start but I am REALLY enjoying it! A lot of great points. I haven't finished yet but I can already tell you: worth a look! 


I know this post is called "favs" but I had a big "miss" in there. If you are anything like me, you like to hear the "what not to buy" as well, right? 

Well, I feel like I have to preface by saying I will always be faithful to Bare Minerals. They are hands down my favorite makeup to wear… on my face. I recently purchased their "Flawless Definition Volumizing Mascara" ($19) and I have to say… unimpressed.



 I liked the brush and the way it went on, but after a couple hours, it was coming off in little chunks that were getting into my eye! I had bloodshot eyes all day, and felt like I was constantly digging things out… not at all pleasant. Big miss! Oh well, they can't do everything right! 

Any big product finds lately? Let me know in the comments or link up (below!)
 

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...looks like I'll have to go find the Triple Sec volume amplifier! I love volume - the higher the hair, the closer to heaven, right?! Thanks for sharing!!!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate... yes!!! :) and you are going to die when you smell it! I don't have a Drybar locally (maybe you do..if so..lucky!) so I always order from Nordstroms vs Sephora because...free shipping! Let me know if you like it!

      Delete