Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Vanity Remodel

I can't say enough how much I LOVE General Finishes paint. Just last week I posted about our coffee bar project, and I am finally getting around to showing off my little vanity! 

I personally have never liked doing my make up in the bathroom. I don't like standing next to a mirror. In high school/college I actually preferred to sit on the floor with a full length mirror so I could get up close and personal! It's really the only way I can apply mascara accurately ;) . 

I told Clay that I wanted a vanity that had some vintage appeal that I could sit at, but get close to the mirror if needed. We had been keeping our eyes open at various thrift shops and antique stores.


Notice the stickers that I had to scrape off prior... that only happens in some instances. 
 I finally found this one at our local gift shop/antique store, and I refinished it using General Finishes milk paint in "Linen." I can't stress again how easy this stuff is to use! No sanding, no priming, no prepping needed! Seriously. That's it. 

So, here's the final product! 








I am pleased with how it looks, and even MORE pleased that my make up isn't spread out all over the bathroom anymore! I love having my own little corner in my closet to get ready at. 

If you are thinking about refinishing something, you have to try General Finishes milk paint. It's so great!

PS - they aren't paying me to say this, I just seriously love their products! 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! We just did something similar in our bedroom with a dresser that I now use as a vanity :) Totally agree about needing to be up close and personal for applying makeup, ha!

    ReplyDelete