Friday, January 22, 2016

{Friday Confessional}

I am SO thankful for Friday! Some weeks take a little extra effort to get through, but we are here, and it's time to confess....


{1} I confess that  my sweet tooth got the best of me this week.
I had a craving for brown butter cookies and ended up making TWO different batches this week. If you  haven't ever made brown butter cookies, you are truly missing out. My favorite recipes are HERE and HERE.

image via
 
{2} I confess that we still don't have our wedding thank yous done!
This is a massive undertaking that I was not prepared for! Luckily my husband did not pawn the task off on me and we have been knocking them out together. In waves. Hoping to be wrapping this task up before the second week of February. Goals.


{3} I confess that my carry on is STILL not unpacked from our honeymoon.
Every night I stare at it and wish it would unpack itself.  It's not that hard, but for some reason this continues on. 10  days and counting...



{4} I confess that I restarted the dryer TWICE to avoid folding my clothes.
I then ambitiously took them out and threw them on the couch. And now they have been there for 4 days. Does anyone else struggle with this?! UGH!


Isn't this picture sad? We've all been there.
and lastly...

{5} I confess that I have had my eye on these boots for close to 6 months now and STILL have not bit the bullet.
And not because I don't want them, if anything, I want them more than ever! Now that I've decided it's time, I cannot pick a color! Does anyone  have any input? Or something similar/better? These are a must! Let's face it, the ol' Uggs can't keep up with the snow. And my husband had his own confessional when he told me that Uggs actually make people's legs look like "cartoon characters." And that's that.
image via

Thanks for joining me today! Have the BEST weekend!

xoxox


7 comments:

  1. Ooo!! I love those boots! They look so warm and perfect for winter! I think the black are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's what I am leaning towards :)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely guilty of the dryer thing!!!! I'm THE WORST at it! I do the same thing with unpacking too... so you're totally in good company! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That does make me feel a little better :)

      Delete
  3. I despise folding laundry too. It is so tedious and overwhelming sometimes--especially baby clothes bc they're so small and plenty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had to do baby clothes yet but that sounds quite awful .... :)

      Delete
  4. Putting clothes away is my life struggle as noted on Sunday! https://asgoodasgoldblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/lazy-sunday-vol-1/

    I actually have the red plaid Tivoli Sorel's but I got them a size too small so I don't wear them very often. Definitely go try them on at Scheel's or Cabela's first! They are great boots though!

    ReplyDelete