Monday, January 25, 2016

Second Hand Embarrassment Part III

Hi and welcome back to the work week!  If this is your first time with Sweet and Modern, feel free to also check out Part I and Part II. The opportunities for embarrassment are endless with these old notebooks. Lets just say that every time I read my journal, I thank the lord that social media wasn't a thing when I was in 6th grade.

As a side note, this was not an excerpt from my personal diary. My sixth grade teacher had us keep an ongoing writing notebook in which she responded to our entries. This is why in some of the entries you will see responses on the side. Bless her heart for even responding... I would have told myself to get a life.

Without further ado, Second Hand Embarrassment Part  III is brought  to you from 10-19-99.
 
 
If you could be another person for 30 days, who would it be?

Oh my word. This is hard. I guess I would want to be somebody famous. Ok, Rachael Lee Cook, She's All That. She is such an awesome person. So cute, and such a good actress. Plus, she got to act with Freddie Prinze Jr. That would be fine by me. I really would like to stay myself, but she's pretty cool. I really don't know much about her background, so maybe I don't want to be her. So... I'm pretty happy being me.

By

Gina

SO hard. Like, oh my word hard.
Obvious choice young Gina. RLC is amazing.  You're right, she is cute. Best actress? Well... you're in 6th grade. Luckily you will eventually see better movies than She's All That.  Also, Freddie Prinze? I mean...he's okay.

And way to completely back out of your original claim. I actually don't know much about her. Actually maybe I don't want to be her. Actually I want to be me!
But that wasn't the assignment...

F.

By: Gina
Bye! Gina
Bye, Gina

?

We will never know.

And yet another hats off to my 6th grade teacher for responding so positively. I am most certain I would have accidentally burned this thing.


Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. This is great! I love going back & reading old diaries or finding an old school project. Ah, I would have totally picked her too, only because Freddie Prinze Jr was such a stud back then, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is great and horrifying all at once:)

      Delete
  2. I actually love the "I guess I'm pretty happy being me." That's pretty awesome for a 6th grader!! PS... We did these notebooks too! HAHAHA! I don't even want to know what is in mine. Wonder where it is...

    ReplyDelete