Monday, January 18, 2016

Remover Wars

Good Monday morning!
 
Monday always sneaks up SO quickly.. but I have a quick confession... I secretly love Mondays. Why you may ask? I know it may seem like a little thing, but on Mondays, when I get off of work, I get to see my husband when I get home!
 
For those of you with significant others who have crazy work hours (or just different than your own), you can possibly relate to this. I am sure I would take this for granted if it were a daily thing, but at the moment, it's not, so YAY for Mondays!
 
 
Anyways, on to business. For some reason, whenever I am comparing products, I am inclined to refer to it as a "war." Sorry for the increased drama, it certainly isn't a war.
 
In fact, today, both of our contenders are actually pretty freaking awesome!
 
 

 
 
 
Make up remover is a big deal. I admittedly do not take my eye make up off as much as I should, but even when I don't... I still have to take it off before I reapply the next day. I can't be the only one who gets out of the shower looking like I got punched in the face? Either way, you can't start a fresh look without getting rid of the black smudges all over your eyes.
 
Background info: for years (upon years) my Mom has used this BeautiControl eye make up remover. And for years, she has kept me in stock. To be honest, I don't even know who her consultant is. BeautiControl is like a Mary Kay type of thing, you have to buy it from a consultant. Anyways, I realize that makes it slightly less easy to purchase. Only slightly. In this day and age, you can hop right on to their website and make the purchase here instead of attending a party at some random consultant's home. Usually they have refreshments, which is a huge plus, but besides the point.
 
Bless my Mom's heart for knowing the products I need. But things happen and I would run out from time to time. During this time, I started purchasing Neutrogena's Oil Free eye make up remover. And it works... oh yes...  it works.
 
Here is my take:
 
They both work. Your make up will be gone after using either product. Waterproof or  not. So in a sense, this isn't a battle. But I still believe that BeautiControl eye make up remover has some sort of edge. The formula has absolutely NO greasy trace whatsoever. None. It is like using cold water to take your eye make up off. I HATE any sort of greasy residue. When I use Neutrogena, I have to be super careful it doesn't get into my eye or else I have blurred, greasy vision for the next few minutes.
 
 
So, if you are like me, and have never been completely satisfied with the formula, I would seriously try BeautiControl!
 
For the record, I am in no way affiliated with, sell, or even use any other BeautiControl products. This is just a friendly PSA for those of you whose moms did not {so kindly} pass this make up remover tradition on.
 
xoxo!
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to have to check this out!! I use the Mary Kay eye make up remover, and while it gets the job done, it has the greasy residue you are talking about! I'm definitely going to be trying the BeautiControl product!!

    ReplyDelete