Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Five

I thought Friday would never get here! I have been extra tired this week and ready for a holiday weekend. So... high five for Friday! Today we are linking up Tif @ Bright On A Budget blog to share 5 things this Friday.
 

Starting with...

1. Enchiladas
I'll preface this one by saying we (as in my husband and I) aren't really big Mexican food fans. We will grab a burrito occasionally but as far as going to Mexican restaurants... unusual. I decided to try my hand at enchiladas this week and it went well. I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe for the beef one and made up the chicken one on my own. They were a hit!
 
Prepping.
 
Finished product.



2. Tassel earrings
I found these earrings at a local boutique for $4 yesterday. They are also really lightweight! (Just like my Sweet Pi & Fi earrings from last week!) So it was a total win.
Sorry about awkward selfie. Had to be able to see the earrings!


3. My Grandma sent me these photos last night in reference to yesterday's post. Totally made my day! She still has them.
 
Difficult to see but you get the idea!


4. This is a typical night with Brick.
He is always watching. Always.



5. Green Room movie
 
 
 
 
I haven't done a movie review in awhile, which is partly because there haven't been as many movies out that we are interested in. But I have mentioned before, we LOVE going to the movies. And ever since they put an Alamo Drafthouse a mere 10 minutes from our house, we have been even bigger movie buffs. Anyways, all that to say, the last movie we went to was Green Room. (Side note: I think it is safe to say my husband has a slightly eclectic taste in films, and I have been a part of some flicks that I would have never gone to otherwise. Sometimes good experiences, sometimes not so much. It's a win either way because of the Reuben pizza at Alamo.)

You guys, this movie is absolutely terrifying. It is unnerving, it is disturbing... it is the most suspenseful film I have ever watched. I don't have much else to say. If you are into that sort of thing, you should definitely check it out. I didn't know what I was getting myself into. In terms of what the movie can do to your emotions and anxiety levels, it is fantastic.

Alright! I'm out of here. Thanks for stopping by Sweet & Modern. Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

xoxo
 
Check out another Friday Link up HERE!

And HERE!
 
 
 

| Follow along on Instagram HERE.
| Subscribe and receive Sweet and Modern in your  inbox HERE.



 

 

 

 

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Those tassel earrings are so cute!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! I plan on wearing them frequently :)

      Delete
  2. Brick is SUCH a cutie!!! I love those tassel earrings & I seriously make a Pioneer Woman Recipe like 3x/week...haven't tried this one so I'm searching it out now. Uhmmm...never been to Alamo but I think we're due for seeing a movie!!! Happy Friday babe!

    xox,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes he can be! :) Thank you... and I agree... you have to experience the Alamo. Let's go soon!

      Delete
  3. Those earrings are too pretty! And how sweet of your grandma! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!! She is very sweet :) Have a great holiday weekend!

      Delete
  4. Those earrings!! What a score! I just got a new tassel necklace yesterday and I can't wait to wear it. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindsay, my thoughts exactly! You will have to post a pic of it... I couldn't wait to wear mine either :) Same to you! Enjoy!

      Delete
  5. Yummy, those enchiladas look SO good! And your earrings, cute and so inexpensive! We have an Alamo Drafthouse about 10 minutes from our place...oh gosh, we love that place!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lily! You should try the recipe, seriously tasty!
      Have you had the Reuben pizza at Alamo? Oh my goodness.. I don't know if every location has the same menu but if so, it's SO amazing!
      Thanks for stopping by and hope your weekend is wonderful as well :)

      Delete
  6. Love those cute earrings, and those enchiladas look ah-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara!! The enchiladas were tasty, especially leftover :)

      Delete