Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Liebster Award

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I am so honored to be nominated by a fellow blogger and Style Collective sister Amanda of Delightfully Impatient! It has been SO fun following along and "meeting" other bloggers out there. Amanda has a lot of fun content that I enjoy following along with on her blog site, as well as Instagram! Check her site out HERE!




The Liebster Award is an online recognition given to new bloggers by fellow bloggers for enjoying and valuing their work. It is meant to highlight and credit new up and coming blogs within our community.

Once you are nominated you:
  • Thank and give recognition to the blog that nominated you and link back to them.
  • Answer 11 questions from the blogger that nominated you.
  • Tell readers 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Nominate up to 11 bloggers to receive the award next.
  • Give your new nominees questions to answer about themselves when they post their nomination.
So... here we go!

11 Random Facts About Me:

1. I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. It's a real problem.
2. I LOVE Jazzercise. Definitely my fitness choice.
3. I have a latex food allergy (you can read more about that here)
4. I have never dyed or highlighted my hair. For some reason people really doubt me on this one!
5. My husband and I met online. You can read more about that here and here if you want :)
6. I used to be a Surgical Technologist.
7. Much to my disdain, many of my family members call me Bean. As in Gina Bean.
8. I love country music.
9. My least favorite chore is taking the trash out.
10. I have always lived in Nebraska!
11. My actual name is Regina. Yes, just like Mean Girls.


And now for Amanda's questions for me....


Why did you decide to write your blog?

Writing has always been an important part of my life.  I realized that in everyday life, I loved sharing with friends about new products I was trying, things I was reading, recipes I was trying, and just random everyday things! That was when I realized that I could (and should!) share these things in a blog format and it has been SO FUN! And now I get to write AND "meet" a lot of cool people :)

If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
This is a hard one for me! Since it's anywhere in the WORLD I think I would like to do a little European tour. So many places that look so beautiful... I would especially love to see Germany and Italy.

What’s your favorite thing to do to relax?
Bake or binge watch a show.

What is your favorite blog post you have written?
I love my posts that people can relate to! Probably some of my pieces on Her View From Home.

How did you choose the name of your blog?
I can't remember how I arrived exactly at Sweet and Modern, but I remember it had to do with Sweet reminding me of baking and fun products, and Modern reminding me of lifestyle happenings.

What advice would you give another new blogger?
It's totally normal to have days that you don't feel like blogging or have non motivation to do so! I always remind myself that this is a FUN creative outlet for me. Anything that makes it anything else is something I don't need!

What do you envision for your blog one year from now?
Hopefully meeting and connecting with more bloggers as well as more readers. And new product and recipe finds :)

What’s your favorite movie?
I can't really pinpoint a favorite, but I always say The Wedding Singer because I have probably watched it more than any other movie.

Cat or Dog?
Dog, hands down.

What’s the mostly delicious food you’ve ever eaten?
Oh my! This is so hard. I know I am missing things but for some reason what popped into my  head was a meal my husband and I shared in Colorado Springs, CO at Garden of the Gods. I have no idea why, but we both still talk about how amazing it was.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Watching stupid reality TV shows like the Bachelor and Bachelorette. And way too much dessert.

I am nominating....

Kristin @ A Midwestern Mix
Cara @ Kindly Unspoken
Abigail @ Acreage of Grace

Your questions are....

  1. What is your all time favorite food?
  2. What is your favorite subject to blog about?
  3. Where is your favorite place that you have traveled? 
  4. What song would you sing at karaoke?
  5. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
  6. What do you value most in a friendship?
  7. What is your favorite feature about yourself?
  8. What is your most recent favorite memory?
  9. What product can you not live without?
  10. Favorite book or author?
  11. What would you do with an entire "free day"? 
SO FUN! Thanks for reading and participating :) Be sure to check out Kristin, Cara & Abigail!

Lastly… did you know you can get Sweet and Modern posts sent directly to your email? Subscribe on the right side of the page by entering your email :) You can also follow along on Instagram for post reminders @sweetandmodern ! 

xoxox

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I would love to take a jazzercise class!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! You definitely should, I posted about Jazzercise the other day. It is seriously so fun! I bet you have a ton of facilities near by!

      Delete
  2. I love reading these and learning more about bloggers! How cool that you and your husband met online! I really like the advice you gave to new bloggers- it's a creative outlet and if it ever feels draining then it's probably time to take a break. I think we all have those days where we just need to take a breath and re-boot. Great post and thanks again for the nomination! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara!! I love reading about other bloggers, too, so I figured it was a good time to share. Can't wait to read yours!

      Delete
  3. These are really cute fun facts about yourself.I hate taking the trash out to :(
    http://sheismelrose.net/
    @sheismelrose

    ReplyDelete