Monday, May 2, 2016

Spring Veggie Frittata

Welcome back to the week! My blogging schedule has been a little out of sorts lately (as I mentioned, Spring is a very busy time for us at my job!) and so I am just popping in to share a fun, healthy recipe.

We are all about breakfast food over at our house, so Saturday we had a little stay at home brunch. I found the recipe for Spring Veggie Frittata in my Real Simple magazine (love) and couldn't believe how easy it looked! And it is.

 
In case you are wondering (like we were) what the difference between a quiche and a frittata is,  let me enlighten you! Cooking Clarified cleared this matter up for me, and I am sharing it with you,  here:

  • Quiche is made by adding ingredients to a custard base, a combination of eggs and heavy cream or half and half, which gives it a creamy consistency when baked. Quiche typically has a crust, but not always.
  • Frittata is made with little to no milk or cream, and no crust. It is are also cooked first on the stovetop and then in the oven.
So there you have it!

This recipe takes such little time, and you could even mix and match ingredients to your liking. Though I HIGHLY recommend keeping with the goat cheese! YUM.

Ingredient List:
 
1 1/2 tablespoons EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 cup cherry tomatoes
8 large eggs
1  tsp kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
 
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Add the asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the broccoli and tomatoes; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes burst and the broccoli softens, 5 minutes more.
  2. Whisk together the eggs, 1 teaspoon 
of the salt, and ½ teaspoon of the pepper. Pour over the vegetables in the skillet and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs just begin to set, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with the goat cheese and transfer the pan to the oven. Bake until the center is set, 10 to 12 minutes.
 

 
 Seriously, super easy! I'll definitely make again with a few more of our favorite ingredients! Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes that sort of sealed the deal for me :)

      Delete
  2. oh this looks delicious! I'm such a fan of anything with goat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! Goat cheese is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have added a little more than it called for ! :)

      Delete
  4. I love a good frittata! They are my favorite way to clear the fridge... I swear you can toss anything in and they taste great. This version looks particularly good!

    ReplyDelete