Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Review: Blitzz

So… Sweet & Modern typically does not wander into uncharted territories, however, today I just want to share about a little experience I had.

Though I do not typically talk about it on Sweet & Modern, fitness is an important aspect of my day to day routine, (Jazzercise junkie here) and I do attempt to eat healthy. I say attempt because I really love sweets, and apparently that is frowned upon. 

Anyways, that being said, my super cute husband is pretty into his fitness routine. And, for most guys, that includes some sort of supplements. I like to call them "his drugs." Though he actually doesn't take anything other than protein and creatine, he usually shops at places like Complete Nutrition. Those people apparently REALLY like you to try their products because he will frequently bring home samples of "drugs" and our junk drawer is full of them. Anyways, I saw a sample of this…..

after his most recently trip. Apparently I am a sucker for marketing because I snatched it out of his hand when I saw it was pink and exciting looking. And Dragonfruit flavored. It sounded delicious. 

So, fast forward, and after a long day of work and no time for food breaks,  I thought today was the day for Blitzz to enter my life. I mixed the sample with the recommended 6-10 oz of water and drank it on the short drive to my Jazzercise class. Initial thoughts… dragonfruit flavor tastes like dirty water. That's really all I have to say about that. 

Before the class even started (less than 15 minutes later, mind you) my heart was racing, my thoughts were flying around in my head like a lunatic, and I kind of felt like I was breathing creepishly hard. 

I also began to notice that my hands were itching like crazy. Half of the class I was wishing I could rub my palms again a tree trunk just to relieve myself. Then, halfway through, my stomach started itching! At this point, I was a mess. 

So let's back up. Here is the information provided from Blitzz on their product:

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
HydroMax®- Increases the concentration of fluid in the blood tissue which increases
muscle fullness and exercise capacity.*
Carb10™- Provides healthy sustained energy during the workout. Carb10™ has the same benefits of a carbohydrate supplement without increasing insulin or bloating.*
Creapure®- Creatine will increase maximum power and performance. Creatine will also increase the athlete’s power output while allowing them to recover faster. These benefits promote increased lean body mass through muscular development.*
Carnosyn®- Beta-Alanine will increase workout capacity by increasing the ability of the muscle to fight fatigue.*
Nitrosigine®- Nearly doubles maximum blood flow compared to Arginine HCL with 5x greater vessel relaxation. Arginine and silicon will be significantly raised, both are important for cardiovascular performance. Effects are noticed in as little as 30 minutes and benefits last for up to 3 hours.*
SUGGESTED USE
Take 1 scoop of Blitzz™ with 6-10 oz. of cold water 30 minutes before workout. For best results take Blitzz™ on an empty stomach. To avoid sleeplessness do not take within 4 hours of bedtime. To be used as part of a physical conditioning program.
WARNING:
Do not use if pregnant, nursing, or under the age of 18. Use only as directed. Consult with a doctor before taking this or any other dietary supplement, especially if you have or suspect you may have a medical condition, or are taking any medications, over-the-counter products, or other dietary supplements. This product contains approximately 200 mg of caffeine per serving, and may not be appropriate for stimulant-sensitive individuals who may experience rapid heartbeat and nervousness. Do not consume with any other stimulants, including caffeine. May cause dehydration, nausea and/or dizziness with inadequate water intake. This product contains beta-alanine, which could result in a temporary tingling sensation. Immediately discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur. Do not use if tamper-resistant seal is broken.

During the class I started to think maybe it was a huge mistake to take it on an empty stomach, but…come to find out, that is the recommended way to take it. Okay.. so that wasn't an issue.  Maybe there wasn't an issue.. in their defense, I have never taken a pre workout supplement like this and maybe that is how people get pumped up before a workout. No idea. 
But, here's my overall take:
Pros
  • Makes you very chatty
  • Makes you feel like you want to climb 
  • Gives you an extra punch of energy to push through a workout (nothing super noticeable though… I usually get a burst of energy from working out anyways..or music)
Cons
  • Makes you dizzy
  • Makes your (mine) hands and stomach itch uncontrollably
  • Makes you unable to form a complete thought
  • Makes you a crazy person
  • Makes your hands shake for approximately 2 hours post workout 
  • Makes you unable to consume food due to shaking hands and overall inability to calm down (could be a weight loss trick, not sure)
So that is my very uneducated, inexperienced-with-preworkouts- review on Blitzz. And my only conclusion is that I must be a "stimulant-sensitive individual" as their warning notes. However, if you are interested in any of the above pros (or cons) I would run out and buy a bottle of Blitzz (and don't forget the extra Z!) 

Later gals! (and guys) 

XO,




1 comment:

  1. These workout supplements are able to do this thanks to the combination of vitamins, minerals, and herbs that they are comprised of. you could look here

    ReplyDelete